Friday, April 27, 2012

New Life Adventures in the City

We moved to the CITY!!!!!  About, 2 weeks ago (right after my last blog entry) we went into the city to look for a new place to live.  We were just not feeling a lot of peace where we were at, and felt like we were not accomplishing as much as we wanted to be.  So we were praying about it and felt like the Lord was saying to go to the city!  We spent a day looking through the newspaper and calling around.  Now the tricky thing, is find a place that will rent from like 6 weeks...so we were praying hard!  And because the Lord is SO faithful, the first place we went to look at...we fell in love!!!  The place was perfect, it was like the size of the main gather area of our other house, but it was perfect!  We told them yes, and the following day we backed up all of our belongings into the car (and let me tell you between Shelbye and I, we were PACKED to the rim!  But we squeezed ourselves our little impala and we were off.

As we arrived in the city we again came to find out how blessed we were!  One of the things we were most nervous about was carrying all of stuff up the stairs...well the entire family came out to help us!  We live in part of the house upstairs, and next to us in the landlords sister and mom, and down below us is our landlords brother and family.  Seriously, could not ask for more kind, protective, giving people!  They are always looking out for us, and are always seeing ways that they can serve us!

So we moved all our stuff in (took like 3 days to actually get settled) but started getting to work, making charts of different of people to talk to, cost of everything that we could possibly think of, and by the end we made ourselves a HUGE binder!  The entire week we kind of had the same schedule.  We woke up and went somewhere at like 11am...then we left at like 10pm and finished up some stuff at home until about midnight, and did the same thing again the next day.  **Important to know...Belize LOVES Adele...ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE we would go...she goes with us!!!!! Celine Dion pops up every know and then, but Adele definitely dominates!

So that was last week, and this week, we have stated meeting people in person, and seeing how God is putting people together to be part of the Count Me In Camp!  We just meant with a young couple today, who got SO excited and was saying that this is something that God was answering their prayers with!  God is doing a big work here, and we are so blessed to be a part of it.

Now also during the past couple weeks, the Lord has been teaching my heart a lot.  Since I put in my resignation at one of my prior jobs, I have not worked in a position that allowed me to use my gift of "administration."  God knew that what I thought was a gift a few years ago, actually was being used in not the most healthy way.  I very easily would take responsibility for things, and take it upon myself to INSURE what I thought was supposed to happen....happened.  Now keeping in mind I was saved and this was all coming from a good heart, I just did not realize so wounds in my life, so it got distorted, and it just started becoming now how God wanted me to live out of my gifts He gave me.  So God ended up taking this "part" of me and, like a good Father, was looking out for me!  Because God is more concerned with our hearts, over our gifts that we can use for Him...I had about 3 years of realizing that I was more important to Gods heart that what it was that I could do for Him. All this to say, God just again gave me the opportunity to use my administration gift again, after about 3 years of not using it at all!!!  The difference is now, is that I am able to see the difference between doing in by my own strength, and relying on His strength.  Last week, as we were finishing up our week, and we had done everything in the "natural" to put together information that we could.  We typed up like 20 pages of information!  And then started to feel discouraged because we did not know what to do next...we had done everything, at that point, that we knew to do, and did not know how to move forward from there.  And this is where God just said...."Tati, just sit in my presence, let me work in my perfect timing."
Working with Pastor Mark on CMI

So we did, we just rested in His presence, and praised the Lord, and thanked the Lord for everything He is doing and is going to do....then God just started presenting new opportunities, opening new doors, and it was so exciting!  It is so much more allowing God to be the leader, waiting and communing  with the Lord and asking Him what to do and what He IS doing every step of the way.

So now, we sit in one of our favorite hang outs, and enjoying the journey that the Lord has us on.  It is about saying YES to right now...it does not matter if I do not understand "NOW," it is about saying yes to what we see and what we do not see.  If you could be praying though, the thing I am having hard time saying YES to is.....this DOG that barks for like HOURS outside our window when we are trying to go to sleep!!!!! I went to the window yesterday and yelled!  Then I prayed over the dog, and Shelbye debated putting some Benadryl in a piece of meat and throwing it out the window:)  Thank you for your prayers:)

Tomorrow, we are going downtown to help host an event for the homeless people in Belize City.  We are going to feed/clothe the homeless and have music artists playing in the park!  SO excited!!!  So that is from 2-6 pm if anyone is in the area:) haha

Then on Sunday we are going to church and Central Assembly again!  Then we are driving to Belmopan to go to the Agricultural Fair...HOPING to see the rodeo!  

Also I totally forgot that I did not have pics before to show you of the last time to the caye where we slept on a dock!!!


CHURCH LAST WEEK

As you are looking for ways to be praying....since we moved to the city, there has been about 16 murders.  We live on one of the safer parts of the city, but just continued prayer for all that has been happening and for what the country has been experiencing as they have been dealing with all of this.  Also please pray for continued direction as we are here, there has been a lot of new development, and just praying about what God wants me to do after I get back to the states.  I am also praying that God will open up an opportunity for me to have a job when I get back to the states in June.  If anyone knows anything!  I am willing to relocate for a summer job! And the last thing to keep me in your prayers about, is I felt like God was opening doors to go to Kenya for the month of August and praying for funds ($4000) to come in for that.  We will be working with orphans, the homeless, putting on a youth camp like the one we are doing in Belize!

Support Me (tax-deductible)

Thank you so much for everything that yall have been doing to encourage me in so many ways while I have been here!  I love you all lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.